FUNCTIONS OF NERLDC
NERLDC is the apex body to ensure integrated operation of the power system in the North Eastern Region.
The main responsibilities of NERLDC are:
· To ensure the integrated operation of the power system in the North Eastern Region.
· Monitoring of system parameters and system security.
· Daily scheduling and operational planning.
· Facilitating bilateral and inter-regional exchanges of power.
· Augmentation of telemetry, computing and communication facilities.
· Computation of energy despatch and drawal values using SEMs.
· Analysis of tripping/disturbances and facilitating immediate remedial measures.
· System studies, planning and contingency analysis .